Copy delivery process ¶
locale folder in this repository contain the
django.po message files for English and Spanish translation strings for the Benefits application.
Translation strings include all application copy, including:
- All application copy
- Image and illustration alt tags
- Page titles used in the browser tab
- In-line link URLs
- Error messages (like no script, no cookies warnings)
Cal-ITP Benefits Application Copy (Configurable Strings) ¶
The human-readable version of the English and Spanish translation strings for the application are delivered to Design and Engineering by Product, and live at this link: Cal-ITP Benefits Application Copy (Configurable Strings).
EN-USAtab contains all copy for English, which each row representing a page. This copy uses a sample agency, called California State Transit (CST) with an Agency Card. This copy is used in Figma.
All Agenciestab contains the English and Spanish translation side by side, with agency-specific copy.
Copy delivery process responsibilities ¶
- Engage with product stakeholders to get the information necessary for copy writing.
- Engage with copy writers to get the English language copy drafted, proofed and ready for design.
- Engage with client editorial/communications team to ensure English language and Spanish language copy are edited according to client style guides.
- Engage all necessary stakeholders to get English language copy approved and ready for design.
- Compile copy in Cal-ITP Benefits Application Copy (Configurable Strings), ready to be used by Design, so Design can sync the spreadsheet to Figma.
- Engage with the translation agency, iBabbleOn, to get Spanish translations ready for Engineering.
- Transfer translations from iBabbleOn to the spreadsheet, in proper format.
- Ensure English and Spanish copy is ready for Engineering.
- Sync copy from Cal-ITP Benefits Application Copy (Configurable Strings) into Figma.
- Ensure the string is in the appropriate column (e.g.
- Use copy from the English and Spanish language tabs of the spreadsheet, and turning it into code in
django.pomessage files. Developer-specific instructions in the Django message files technical documentation.
- Ensure the messages accurately reflect the spreadsheet and Figma designs.